Saturday, March 13, 2004

And speaking of the Sacraments...

My oldest son Nolan had his first confession today, along with the rest of his classmates at St. John's in preparation for their receiving First Communion just after Easter. I can't believe it's already this time in his life. Two Sacraments in one month for the little guy and I could not be happier or more proud.

Of course his first attempt only lasted about 90-120 seconds, but hey...it all counts the same, right?

Two evenings prior St. John's also had its Mass for the newly confirmed 5th graders, with the Bishop of Lincoln and four other priests presiding. I was fortunate enough to be asked to acolyte again this year, and was moved beyond words at the experience. I did have a strange thing happen during that Mass that I won't go into now as it's late, but perhaps one day I can find the words to describe it for you. It was a disturbing thought that entered my mind, but one that has brought me peace as well.

Cryptic enough for ya???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home