Tuesday, March 23, 2004

QUOTE OF THE DAY

Christ said, 'I am the Truth'; he did not say 'I am the custom.' St. Toribio

Today is St. Toribio Alfonso de Mogrovejo's feast day. Reading as I have of late about some of the abuses in the liturgy being performed and put upon the laity (which I will be writing about once I can find the time after finishing my taxes...have to render unto Caesar, ya know), this quote by St. Toribio brings me strength. We need more voices like this to be heard in today's times.

Lord, through the apostolic work of Saint Turibius and his unwavering love of truth, you helped your Church to grow. May your chosen people continue to grow in faith and holiness.

Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home