Thursday, July 28, 2005

ENTERING NARNIA

Speaking of books, while I'm still studying for my work-related exam tomorrow morning, I finally began, eagerly I might add, the Chronicles of Narnia [link to the set that I've purchased for my collection] last night, and made it a full quarter of the way through the first book. I've chosen to read them in chronological order instead of the published order, so The Magician's Nephew is first. Thus far I've found it thoroughly engaging and am giddy at the prospect of finally getting to read this celebrated series of books.

This is a story about something that happened long ago when your grandfather was a child.

Indeed...a story that I am enjoying already.

Whether you read these books chronologically (Narnian time):
The Magicians Nephew
The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
The Horse and His Boy
Prince Caspian
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
The Silver Chair
The Last Battle

or in the order they were published:
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (1950)
Prince Caspian (1951)
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (1952)
The Silver Chair (1953)
The Horse and His Boy (1954)
The Magicians Nephew (1955)
The Last Battle (1956)

is entirely up to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home