Thursday, July 07, 2005

NEGATIVITY DURING WAR

War is ugly. It is something no sane, rational person would ever want or choose. I despise it, yet it is here nonetheless. Brought to our shores in the first WTC attack in 1993, followed by the bombing of the USS Cole and ultimately Sept. 11th. War is here, brought to us by those who lack both sanity and rationale. As such it is something we must perservere and see through to its conclusion. This is something the hyperventillating, defeatest leftist in our country do not want. I am tempted to believe they actually hate their country. But I don't think it's that simple really. I believe it is due to their own craving of power...power they have lost since the election of George W. Bush in 2000, and met with still further defeat in the elections of 2002 and 2004. I am almost 100% certain that if a Democrat were in office they would be behaving differently.

The Canada Free Press, of all places, publishes an excellent editorial this morning on all of the negativity propulgated by the left here in America, particularly in our media. Let me go on record as stating that I do not trust our media in this country any further than I could throw any of them. And that is sad, because they could be doing so much good if they would but get off of their arrogant ideological high horses.

I'm not going to reprint any of them here, but simply provide the links to recent stories that demonstrate the link between Iraq and 9/11, as well as the lengths to which Democratic politicians will go to diminish the efforts of our country and our military with out and out lies. It can be disheartening at times, but we must keep up this effort. If we were to fight either our own Revolutionary War, WW1 or WW2 in the manner that we are having to fight this War on Terror at home with our own press, we wouldn't even be a country today that was around to be attacked on 9/11.

Canada Free Press

Melanie Phillips has a superb summary

Steven Hayes writes here and here of the duplicity of the left.

Let me point out again that I hate war. I hate what it does to humanity. I despise the perpetrators of it. But I will not simply sit back and watch idly by while my loved ones or peaceful people are slaughtered ruthlessly by those who have no conscious. Witness the London bombings of this morning. Barbarism is alive and well in the 21st century and if we aren't willing to call a spade a spade than we are no better than the moral relativist that our Holy Father warned us about at the beginning of his papacy.

(Hat tip: The Anchoress on some of the above links)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home