Monday, January 02, 2006

Welcome to 2006

Happy 2006 everyone! I'm posting a few days later than I'd wanted, but it's been a busy few days. I'm in the throes of remodeling part of our basement so that the #1 son can move into his own room and I've a lot of lumber arriving later this morning so that I can begin framing in some walls....as well as install about a half dozen outlets. The big fun will be firing off the Remington concrete hammer in order to attach the bottom of the frames to the concrete flooring. This hammer discharges the 2.5 inch nail into the 2x4 and the floor with the aid of a .22 caliber blank shell. Woohoooo...gonna be loud in the ol' basement today.

But enough of that. I've a few items I wanted to touch upon before going this morning, and will try to be brief. After all, I do tend to emulate the words used by our Bishop Bruskewitz as he described himself at a dinner that my wife and I attended on Friday night. At the beginning of his brief speech he said that he was going to try to keep it short because he had "been told that I tend to go on like God's mercy: forever and in an incomprehensible manner." That also suits me to a tee as well. And since brevity is the soul of wit, I will now endeavor to be brief in my next few postings.

Happy New Year again everyone. May it see you showered with graces and blessings throughout 2006 and beyond.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home