Thursday, September 07, 2006

The 2,996 Project

I first heard of The 2996 Project from Michelle Malkin in late August and decided I wanted to participate in my own small way in honoring one who fell that awful day. As fate would have it I was assigned the following man:

Robert Thomas Linnane, age 33.
Place killed: World Trade Center. Resident of West Hempstead, N.Y. (USA).


Aged 33. I was 33 on September 11, 2001.

All of the 2,996 names did end up being sponsored...some of them twice. My inbox has begun to be filled with links to other tributes paid by other bloggers. A complete list of the participants is here. I wanted to get mine up a week early as I will be leaving tomorrow to attend a weekend retreat for some much needed "down" time with God. Plus next week is a full one for me, and I did not want to get "busy" and distracted and neglect to honor Mr. Linnane. It is the least I can do for him and his memory.

His tribute follows this entry.

We lost over 343 firefighter heroes on September 11, 2001.

We thank them, remember them, and honor them for their
courage, strength, and commitment.

These outstanding heroes pledged to and serve us; and they did so with great courage and honor on 911.

These firefighter angels are now in Heaven.

We love them.

We miss them.

And we will never forget them or their sacrifice.

They are all heroes of the highest order.

Kevin Caruso
America 911.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home