Friday, April 30, 2004

PREPARE THE DUCT TAPE...

and get ready to wrap it around my head so it doesn't explode.

I promised myself I would stay off the Death March topic for the next few days, but after reading this quote today, there is no way I could. Please indulge me for a moment, but after reading this quote from Terry Mattingly's column, I have to ask myself: "What planet am I on?"

"God stands with all of us, regardless of where we stand," said the Rev. Mark Pawlowski of Planned Parenthood, reading from the "My Pro-Choice Credo" liturgy.

"When women choose to have abortions they are acting with integrity, aware of compassion and in realization of their own wisdom. To doubt the integrity, compassion or wisdom of women is to insult women and offend God."


This statement has so many things wrong with it, I do not know where to begin. No, "Rev." Mark. To rationalize your participation in a mockery of God is an insult and offense to humanity.

I think I'll reread St. Augustine's prayer below and attempt to memorize it by the end of the day. Perhaps then I'll be able to put away the duct tape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home