Tuesday, May 04, 2004

WORDS FAIL ME

Having coached high school baseball, and helping out with my son's little league...despite all the contact I've had with kids and their parents, I still just can not believe stuff like this when I read it. You'd think I know better by now. I suppose I still choose to have faith in people. But jeez-mineez...this really sets me off.

I have no words for what I think of these two individuals. Only contempt.

Suffer the little children. "Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea." (Matthew 18:6)

PLEASANTVILLE, N.J. (AP) -- The coaches of a middle school basketball team who humiliated one of their players by giving him a "crybaby award" will likely face disciplinary action from district officials.

The 13-year-old boy's coach called him just before last month's team banquet and told him to make sure he attended because he was getting a special trophy, the boy's father said.

At the event, the boy watched as all of his Pleasantville Middle School teammates received trophies or certificates.

He was then called up to receive his award, and a coach told the crowd that the boy was being honored because "he begged to get in the game, and all he did was whine."

The trophy had a silver figure of a baby atop a pedestal engraved with the boy's name, which was spelled incorrectly. Family members said the teen -- an honor roll student -- was so embarrassed that he stayed home from school on the following Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home