Wednesday, May 25, 2005

CALL ME AN EXTREMIST...YET AGAIN

On second thought, summers still aren't so bad considering that our schools are getting worse, as Janice Shaw Crouse writes, things are getting increasingly bizarre. Planned Parenthood is now advocating the use of Saran Wrap by 8th graders as a means of protection when engaging in sex acts. And we thought the days of condoms on bananas were surreal...

How did we get to the point where it must be assumed that 8th graders are going to be “performing” oral and anal sex and we have to equip them to do it “safely”? This wouldn’t have anything to do with the fact that the sex education lobby — in its supposed superior wisdom — has been pushing to strip kids as young as kindergarten age of their innocence by insisting that they be taught about every kind of deviant sexual practice long before they are emotionally ready for such information.

The Saran Wrap recommendation ought to remove any remaining doubts about Planned Parenthood’s agenda and its qualifications to have a voice in determining our school’s sex-education curriculum. Added proof, the interim president of Planned Parenthood, Karen Pearl, complained that President Bush wanted to increase funding for “dangerous abstinence-only programs by nearly 25 percent.” Without a shred of evidence and contrary to numerous studies, Pearl also asserted that these programs “don’t work” and that the President is catering to “ideological extremists.”


She claims they don't work despite so much evidence to the contrary. Evidence that repeatedly gets drowned out or ignored totally by the media.

Liars, and dangerous liars, one and all.

3 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sad, sad, sad.. The tales begin in 2nd grade for us, but briefly, I went into my daughter's middle school way back when she first began 6th grade.. she'd cried about possibly failing English because she could not bear to finish the rest of her assigned reading, "The Outsiders". I (horrified at the theme of death, violence, suffering, treachery, more death) requested a different book for her. Same thing happened in the second term -- I went in and selected something OTHER than "A Day No Pigs Would Die" (drinking, adult 'situations', pig-killing..) Third term, TOO. The teacher later said to her with a chuckle, "My, you must lead a sheltered existence." How I wish.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

I, too, remember reading "The Outsiders", and I think it was also around the sixth grade. I believe it was in my Book Club selections as an Award Winner of some sort, and I wish I could remember how I reacted to the deaths within it. I do remember it to be one of my favorites, likely because it was the first "older" person book I had read. I've never heard of "A Day No Pigs Would Die", but will keep my eyes out for it. Hopefully it doesn't show up in my son's Catholic school.

 
At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband was privately educated by the Christian Bros., and although I went to public school, it was back when kids were taught of the wonders all over the world, of all the diverse peoples, and of the arts, etc., so neither of us could figure out why, when there's so much wonderful literature out there, there must be such dismal offerings for our children! (No, it's highly unlikely Catholic schoolchildren will be faced with such; my friends' children in parochial schools were not.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home