Thursday, July 07, 2005

FOR HIS DAUGHTER

I've never listened to the band Korn, though I am well aware of them having worked in music retail in my past. It seems the lead guitarist of the band decided to leave after having a startling revelation given him by none other than his 5-year-old daughter. Madonna? Anyone else? Are you getting it yet?

Brian "Head" Welch also has a website, HeadToChrist.com.
"Right before I quit Korn, I caught my daughter walking around my house one day singing songs about sex and death that came from my band. I wasn't having that anymore. When you have a 5-year-old daughter singing 'All Day I Dream About Sex', and 'Dead Bodies Everywhere' etc., it's going to have an effect on you as a parent. Also, I was sick and tired of being a slave to the ol' mighty buck at the expense of my family, my music, my happiness, my health, and my morals.

"I loved money more than everything in my life. Money was my god and it was going to kill me if I didn't get my life in the correct order it needed to be in. I played Mr. Angry for too long. I wanted to feel love again in my heart.

"I'm not an angry Christian. I'm not better than anyone. Christians are supposed to despise the principalities that hurt the people in the world, not despise the people in the world. I think some Christians and non-Christian people are very confused about that.

"I left Korn because my child was starting to imitate her dad. I left Korn because i wasn't happy anymore. I left Korn because I was supposed to leave Korn. I would still be in Korn right now if I was meant to be.

"After I left, Jesus healed me from a major alcohol and drug addiction, and most of all a broken heart."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home