Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Geography Meme

Don't know much about geography...and I'm tagging Sparki with it next.

1. A Place You've Visited and Your Favorite Thing there
Fort Robinson, Nebraska. The gorgeous wide-open expanses and forestry, as well as a location awash in history.

2. A Country You'd Like to Visit and Why
Wales. My great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather Lewis sailed from Wales to Massachusetts in 1687. I'd love to visit the homeland of my ancestors.

3. A Place From History You'd Like to Visit and Why
Being a historian, this is an agonizingly difficult question. The Inn. The Upper Room. Calvary. Jerusalem. Stratford-on-Avon. The Vienna of Mozart and Beethoven. Rome. Prague as my great-grandfather knew that city as a boy before emigrating to the United States in the mid-1800s. Fenway Park just after Game 4 of the 2004 World Series. Why? If I have to explain any of them, I'll be typing for hours.

4. A Place You Know a Lot About
Eastern Nebraska (big whoop, right?)

5. A Place You'd Like to Learn More About
The inner depths of my own heart. No? Ummm.....see #3.

6. A Fictional Place You'd Like to Visit
Middle Earth. Narnia's a close second but the former, rather than the latter, would be astonishing to say the least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home