Monday, April 19, 2004

CELEBRATING A SACRAMENT

Our oldest, Nolan, celebrated First Communion yesterday. It's been a very busy three days leading up to this which is why I've been absent from blogging. I took Friday off to golf in a fundraising tournament to raise money for our school. It was held at beautiful Quarry Oaks, and while getting quite the sunburn, we did enjoy ourselves and managed not to embarrass ourselves on this most difficult course either.

Saturday was MAJOR house and yard cleaning day. I was also privileged once again to acolyte a Mass at St. John's with the Bishop of Lincoln. And then, on to Sunday.

I knew Nolan was excited because our normally quiet and reserved son kept trying to put on his suit and tie HOURS BEFORE we were required to be at the church. Nolan NEVER likes to dress up, but yesterday was a different story. It was a wonderful Mass, and the site of the 52 first communicants, boys in their little suits and girls in their lovely white dresses and veils, brought tears to the eyes of even the most jaded of hearts.

I'll try to write more on this later, as I'm playing catch-up at work after a three day hiatus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home