Tuesday, April 27, 2004

AN EYEWITNESS TO THE MARCH

I only wish I had time to write my thoughts on the tragedy that is this topic in America. For now, I'll leave it up to Annie as she continues her thoughts from yesterday. God bless her and the others for their silent protest in the face of the hatred. I really encourage you to read through the entirety of her post...it's amazing.

One of our men holding the I REGRET LOST FATHERHOOD signs was a lone, 22-year-old college fellow, handsome as a movie star, quiet and reflective. The pain was so evident on his face. He’d come to the group all by himself. Said little to anyone. Perhaps his buddies wouldn’t understand or had already laughed at him for missing his little boy or girl who he’d never know. We only learned his story at the very end of the day, walking back to the hotel, as he offered to carry my friend’s tripod and camera case. My heart just broke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home