Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I think I'll hold out for the heavenly bling

From MSNBC.com:

God wants Blige to wear bling
Mary J. Blige says she has found religion, but she makes no apologies for her earthly materialism. In fact, she says God has willed her to wear bling.

“My God is a God who wants me to have things,” the singer tells May’s Blender magazine. “He wants me to bling. He wants me to be the hottest thing on the block. I don’t know what kind of God the rest of y’all are serving, but the God I serve says, ‘Mary, you need to be the hottest thing this year, and I’m gonna make sure you’re doing that’.”

Blige also is not modest when it comes to her place in history. “I do consider myself part of black history,” she told the mag. “Since 1991, I’m still doing this and I’m successful. And I haven’t hurt anyone in the process.”


And Jesus said to her "One thing you still lack. Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me." But when she heard this he became sad, for she had much bling. (hat tip: The Curt Jester)

Ya know, I'm beginning to look at life and this world closer and see that the longer I live, the more it is resembling a Saturday Night Live skit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home